Thursday 15 May 2014

Christian lullaby

My lovely wife has a little baby boy growing inside her. He's developed enough to hear stuff going on outside the room now.

Given that we want our boy to:


  1. Be a Christian.
  2. Be musical.
  3. Be happy.
  4. Go to sleep on demand.

I thought I could write a song for us to sing to him which might help him with all of the above (as I mentioned here). Here are the words as they stand - names and minor details redacted/changed to keep the name a surprise:

____, ____, Yahweh has given you life
____, ____, Use it to glorify Christ 
May you love the Lord with all your soul
May you love his words as much as gold
May you love your neighbour as yourself
May you look to Yahweh for help 
____, ____, Jesus has given you life

Geekily, I note that this is pretty much a chiasm.

No comments:

Post a Comment